« Home | Why do we have a problem with rules? » | It's not about me. » | Change » | The Bad Side of TiVo » | Remember When.... » | YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2005 when... » | Nausea » | I don't know who you people are!!!! » | My day starts too early. » | Some quick observations. » 

Saturday, October 15, 2005 

Top 10 reasons we should only work 4 days a week.

I've spent too much time posting serious issues lately, so today I'm going to do one of those infamous Top 10 lists. Seeing as how it is currently Saturday and I am currently at work, what better than

The Top 10 reasons we should really only work 4 days a week.

10. Sudies have shown that on an average we work more hours than people 2000 years ago. We're moving in the wrong direction people... time to get some free time back.

9. You usually spend an entire weekend day cleaning the house, doing laundry, etc. Which leaves us with only 1 day of rest.... and we really need at least 2.

8. Being a US. Citizen means that we only get an average of 2 1/2 weeks of Vacation a year, The UK citizens gets appx 5 1/2 weeks a year and Italians get 8 1/2 weeks a year. Even the hard working Japanese get 5 weeks a year. We are seriously lacking here.

7. Nobody currently likes Mondays, so give us that day. We'll be much happier on Tuesday.

6. If Mondays are too important to you, give us Friday. Don't worry about work not getting done, because we already don't do any 'real' work on Friday.

5. I'm still upset about the Vacation Days issue (see #8)

4. With the kids in school, us parents would get some time alone without the kids. Note: To kids & teachers, I'm sorry you have to work in my plan, but hey... you get 3 months a year off that I don't!

3. We'd actually be able to take weekend 'trips'. As it is right now you spend all day Saturday driving to get somewhere, and then all day Sunday driving just to get back!

2. You're telling me that Italians really get 8 1/2 weeks of vacation a year?

and the #1 reason

1. Even God needed 1 day of rest. Am I arrogant enough to think that just 1 more day than God gets is good enough for me? No, I'll will make the effort to humble myself and admit that I need at least 3 days of rest.

Ok, so it wasn't that funny, but you have to agree.... it's a good idea.

I always wanted to be Italian, now I have a good reason.

What a treat! A Saturday top ten list. Yay. Thanks Kevin.

Italians get 8 weeks a year? I think you are dead on with your list. I once worked a job that was four days on three days off then switched to three days on and four days off. They were twelve hour days but those four days off were lovely.

8 weeks of vacation a year. And my boss gets mad at me because I don't want to waste my sick days on the times when I'm actually sick. I mean, what's the point of taking a day off if you're just stuck in the bed - I might as well be at work making money and save my sick days for extending vacations.

8 weeks of vacation. I've always wanted to go to Italy.

Post a Comment