« Home | Remember When.... » | YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2005 when... » | Nausea » | I don't know who you people are!!!! » | My day starts too early. » | Some quick observations. » | So, I didn’t know that you were a Minister…. » | How do I deal with Negativity???? » | OK... so I got tagged. » | What to write about.... » 

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 

The Bad Side of TiVo


One of the many reasons I don't post as often as I would like on this blog is that I spend way too much time watching TV. TiVo is both a blessing and a curse at the same time. The blessing is that I never have to worry about missing a show. The curse is that catching up on all the shows that TiVo becomes a chore.

Still, I would not give up TiVo for anything. I love not watching commercials. I love seeing what TiVo has "suggested" for me each day. Also,, I don't know if I can go back to not having the option of pausing live TV. With kids, the option of pausing TV is almost not an option, it's a necessity (if you actually want to watch complete programs).

Of course you end up with hours of TV to watch, none of which you want to miss, and so you spend weekends watching TV non-stop to make room on the hard drive for MORE SHOWS! It's gotten so bad that I want to upgrade the hard drive so I can tape EVEN MORE SHOWS!

I'm writing this while.... you guessed it, watching my TiVo. I've had a couple of busy weeks, and therefore I have bunch of shows tho catch up on. So I'm going to go and catch up on my shows. Good or Bad.... I LOVE MY TiVo!

Alena wants this too. I admit It would be great for the football games Imiss on Mondays and Sundays and House MD.

We have got to get that thing.

If we watched TV, I'd totally buy a Tivo. Avoiding all those ads is so worth it.

As it is, we just wait until shows come out on DVD and then get them on Netflix.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment