« Home | I don't know who you people are!!!! » | My day starts too early. » | Some quick observations. » | So, I didn’t know that you were a Minister…. » | How do I deal with Negativity???? » | OK... so I got tagged. » | What to write about.... » | Puerto Penasco » | Where has the time gone. » | My Boring Ass Life � Wednesday, 6/1/05 » 

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 

Nausea

So today I woke to the room spinning.....

I've been feeling a little run down lately, like I may be coming down with something, but nothing too bad. However this morning for some reason I open my eyes and the room literally starts spinning. Not a nice slow spin, but a fast nauseating one. I sat up rather quickly (not the brightest idea) with the hope that it would help stop the spinning... but no, I've become a bad 80's song ("You spin me right round, baby right round. Like a record baby, right round, round, round.")

Now on most mornings I would take this as a sign to stay at home in bed. Today however I have to teach a class at work (I'm actually training the person who is going to start teaching this class in the future), so I have to get up and get ready. I drag myself to the shower and stand holding the walls hoping not to tip over.

I get to work and start feeling better, until I have to lean over to put something into a computer and I feel like I'm on one of those amusement park 'whirl and puke' rides. So this has been my day... feeling OK until I have to lean over and/or stand up quickly.

The worst part is, I can't go home early.... I'm teaching classes all day. I guess I should look on the bright side, some people pay upwards of $40 to go to an amusement park to feel like this, and I get it for free!

I think it would be exciting for the class if you told them that you would be vomiting at random times. And you would aim it to the the person who is paying attention the least. That would be a good teaching technique.

I hope you're feeling better. I had that vertigo feeling once a couple of years ago, but never figured out what it was. It never returned, and I chalked it up to some kind of inner ear disturbance.

Hope it doesn't come back for you.

- Heather

Hopefully you're feeling better... when you can't stop the room from spinning (and it's not your own fault) it is a very bad thing.

Post a Comment