« Home | Change » | The Bad Side of TiVo » | Remember When.... » | YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2005 when... » | Nausea » | I don't know who you people are!!!! » | My day starts too early. » | Some quick observations. » | So, I didn’t know that you were a Minister…. » | How do I deal with Negativity???? » 

Thursday, October 13, 2005 

It's not about me.

Turn on the lights, fill the oil, put on the vestments, light the candles.

Start saying the evening prayer, getting nervous, at one point start reading the wrong Psalm.

Then something comes to mind.... it's not about me. If I say the wrong line, or stumble on a verse or a word, that's not what's important.

It's the Word of God that's important. It's the gathering together of people in his name. It's the praise of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

It's not about me....... it's all about him.

Yup, that is very true. God's workers are people, not robots, and sometimes they slip up (and I have seen tons of slips) - but He is still glorified and well pleased at your efforts!

You did fine, and remember the joy it brings Him that you stood up and said "yes" to leading evening prayer. Hang around and you'll see us all trip, I think God gets a kick out of our slips as much as every else does poking fun at us.

Post a Comment