« Home | Why I love the Rain..... » | Top 10 reasons we should only work 4 days a week. » | Why do we have a problem with rules? » | It's not about me. » | Change » | The Bad Side of TiVo » | Remember When.... » | YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2005 when... » | Nausea » | I don't know who you people are!!!! » 

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 

Nothing to write about today.

Nothing to write about today… but I’ve become addicted and need my fix of blogging anyways.

The past couple of days I’ve been listening to a new Podcast by Cory Doctorow.  I got interested in his work when I found a book entitled Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom, and of course I just had to read it.  It is a futuristic Sci-Fi novel where everyone is free to do whatever they want, no one has to die, and the only wealth in the world is judged by how much a person is ‘liked’.  As if that alone isn’t twisted enough, it is set in the Walt Disney World of the future and deals with the struggle of keeping rides “classic” or updating them with the latest technology.

Anyways, the Podcast that I’m currently listening to is Cory’s own personal Podcast, where he is currently reading the current story that he is working on.  This is yet another futuristic Sci-Fi story loosely based off of the siege of Leningrad (now St. Petersburg).  So far I’m pretty hooked. It will be interesting to see where he ends up going with this story.

One of the things I like most about Cory’s work is that he puts out all of his work under the Creative Commons License.  What that basically means is that you can copy, reproduce, and distribute his work without having to get permission.  In fact, he has ASCII copies of his books available on his web page for download, free of charge.  If you don’t like ASCII… convert them to any format you like, just leave the license text in the document and you’re OK.  Personally, I like to convert them to a .lit format, and then read it on my Pocket PC using Microsoft Reader.

Back to the Podcast.... What I like most about Podcasts is the fact that I have something other than music, news, or boring talk shows to listen to on my drive into and back from work.  Before the season ended, I enjoyed listening to the Podcast for the new Battlestar Galactica, which was given by Ronald D. Moore who is the Executive Producer of the show.  I could do an entire blog entry on how great that show is, and how it’s basically the best show on TV today, but that will have to wait until January, when they start the 2nd half of Season 2.

So I guess I had a lot to say even though I had nothing to write about.  Enjoy!

If I could ever pry the ipod out of Jessica's side, perhaps I might be able to check out these things...

for someone who had nothing to write about you wrote a lot.

Post a Comment