« Home | Nothing to write about today. » | Why I love the Rain..... » | Top 10 reasons we should only work 4 days a week. » | Why do we have a problem with rules? » | It's not about me. » | Change » | The Bad Side of TiVo » | Remember When.... » | YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2005 when... » | Nausea » 

Monday, October 24, 2005 

My other sites...

Well, I haven't been blogging for the past couple of days, due to the fact that I have decided that I have been neglecting my other web sites. Yes, like a true geek, I have more than 1 web site out there. This blog started out as nothing more than a place to rant about stuff that I didn't want to put on my web site, and then evolved into more of a personal diary where I would write about the fun of my daily life (and a few top 10 lists every now and then).

My first site is my most loved.... http://www.kestryl.com. This is my homepage, family web site, or what ever you want to call it. I have owned this domain since July of 2000, and it has gone through many changes. It started off as a very basic site, which has evolved into what I like to think is a very organized professional looking site. For the tech geeks out there; I started off building the site in notepad, then moved onto a FrontPage created site, and now I am using Joomla (previously Mambo) which is a great open source Content Management System.

What I am most proud about on Kestryl.com is my on-line photo album. I currently have over 2500 family pictures available on my site. This is my version of scrapbooking... There you will find pictures from the last 5 years of our family life. The all the vacation pictures are my favorite.

Kestryl.com does require registration, and approval from me, before you can see the articles and photos. With that much personal information about my family on the web, I decided that it was important to keep it safe from strangers.

My other site is http://www.waltsdisneyland.com. For those of you who know me well, you know that I have a great love of Disney, and especially Disneyland. Because of that, me and my good friend Tom (who has the same love for Disney/Disneyland) started Walt'sDisneyland.com, which has been running for just over a year now. This site has been greatly neglected in the last year, and is in need of some major work. Within the next few weeks we hope to have new articles, and new pictures available on the site for the public to enjoy.

Walt'sDisneyland.com is open to the public, however to comment on articles, download desktop pictures, or post in the forum, you are required to register. With Walt'sDisneyland however, you do not need approval from me to access the site, all you need is to verify your email address through an automated process.

I promise, that I will keep on blogging, however for the next few weeks you may see less posts from me, so I can focus more time and energy on my other sites. For now, visit my other sites and take a look around. Just trying to look through the 2500+ pictures on Kestryl.com can keep you busy for a long time. Also, please send me your suggestions for either site. I am always looking for new ideas on how I can make the sites better.

That Disneyland site looks cool. I haven't been there in about 8 years and I really need to go back.

Post a Comment